Monday, June 30, 2008

Albert Ellis Meets The X-Files: I Want to Believe

As you know, I'm not really a crowd person... the definition of crowd changing from big groups to one other person in the room depending on my mood. I love being a hermit. I encourage others to be hermits. We'd have a support group, except that would mean getting together, and let's face it, that would sort of defeat the purpose.

My last Albert Ellis experiement to speak to 50 men in a two month period was a rousing success-- if you define success as total and complete failure to achieve objective within the alloted timeframe. Otherwise, not so much. I've decided to broaden my horizons-- largely because I've still not managed to get guys to talk to me on camera. So, out of necessity, I've broadened my objectives: get over the fear of talking to strangers of any gender.

To that end, I give you the first of two videos at the latest X-Files event. I was fortunate enough to meet some very nice people, and they were kind enough to speak about their X-Files love on camera. For those of you who have complained about not seeing me on these videos, tonight is your lucky night (but really... if this is your definition of lucky...). ;)


LA Film Fest: X-Files: I Want To Believe Fan Interviews 1 from Kate Dating on Vimeo.


The follow-up video:


LA Film Fest: X-Files: I Want To Believe Fan Interviews 2 from Kate Dating on Vimeo.

2 comments:

danielletbd said...

I love the general "We just want to see David" admissions. They could release anything, and it wouldn't matter as long as he popped in every now and then ;)

VERY similar to my "SN" experience. I have to go to more of these things!

Kate, Dating in LA said...

LOL! Although it seems very much attached to the Mulder persona because otherwise his smaller indie flicks (my favorite being The TV Set) would have been blockbusters. But in terms of seeing them in person? Oh yeah. David making an appearance to read the phone book would be very well attended. Hopefully, I'd have a better microphone to capture all the A to Z glory. :)