Monday, January 14, 2008

Thoughts on a Monday

The Lives of Others

My friends definitely have more interesting lives than I do. I recognize that this fact in and of itself is not remarkable. You probably could have guessed this all by yourselves. But it wasn’t until this weekend that I realized exactly how much more interesting.

For instance, on Saturday, I went with a friend to see “Juno” (great--- loved it!). I tried to clean (failed miserably). I caught some football. Overall, it was a pretty raucous day in Kate-ville.

And then I get this email from my friend, PT:

“right now I'm sitting in class sculpting genitalia out of PlayDoh.”

Huh. Well, that puts my Saturday to shame. In fact, it puts most of my days to shame.

I’ve often contemplated taking a class, but who knew a degree in psychology was where the action was? I was happy to know that her model of male genitalia was used as an example for the rest of the class.

Since I had to think twice about the spelling of genitalia, I think it’s safe to say that I would not be winning this particular honor. I’m more likely to be looking at my classmate’s project and saying things like “Seriously?” or “Stop, you’re giving me nightmares”.



The Golden Globes

Many people have asked me my opinion about the WGA strike. One of these days I’ll start the rant, and you will wish I shut up. But for the moment, we need to examine one very important fact: the strike ruined my chance for a dream night. David Duchovny, George Clooney and Jon Hamm were all nominated. Under normal circumstances, they all could have been at the Beverly Hilton last night. Add to that fact that the Globes loves to invite new stars of shows, and we could have added an Alex O’Loughlin sighting.

Four hot men. One room. All wearing tuxes.

But nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Sure, sure, people are out of work, but let’s keep our eyes on the real tragedy here. We missed out on seeing the perfect storm of gorgeous, talented men, and that is just unacceptable. Haven’t we suffered enough? No one should have to miss out on the delectable David Duchovny accepting his best actor award for Californication (much deserved as he plays wicked the way very few people can).

I’m trying to console myself with ice cream and the fact that I’ve seen three of the four in the post-Globes coverage.

Seriously, folks, let’s get this strike settled before another hot man and a tux are torn apart—and not in a good way.

Kate

www.cafepress.com/katedating

No comments: