Sunday, August 27, 2006

Kate Goes to a Party

I left the house to do something social...at night... involving strangers. I'll give you a moment to absorb how momentous this news is. That's right-- I put down the Haagen-Dazs (mmmm ice cream) and chose to go out... to a bar. Please feel free to send me tokens of your amazement-- preferably in US currency and involving large denominations.

The event was a birthday celebration for someone who I know a bit, although not well. It's something I could have easily gotten out of, but I thought "time to see what's out there".

Anyone have any guesses on how long it took me to figure out what to wear? bzzzzzzz whatever number you just came up with, add at least 2 hours to it. I'm completely ill-equipped for a social life. I have jeans, sweats and business clothing-- there is no in-between. So, I did what any other resourceful woman does living in LA-- I went online and checked out the club life photos of the stars. Wow... if I keep this up, I'm going to need a trainer. I don't show that much skin at the beach. Luckily, there are very few places in LA where jeans aren't allowed. Plus, I figured all the focus would be on the birthday girl.

In truth, it took me longer to figure out what to wear than it did for me to make an appearance, drink the birthday drink, and leave the revelers to it. But it's a start.

Maybe next time I'll even talk to one of those strangers ... NAH :)

Kate, (venturing out) Dating in LA

No comments: